Update your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. As always we advise you to keep your device updated to latest firmware. Samsung rolled out XXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware update in various countries recently including Portugal (a complete list available in more download section). Since the device already running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, expect only bug fixes and performance improvement with this update.
You can update your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in various ways. Two official ways are OTA update and update using Kies utility. If you having problem to update your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F using both of these methods then try installing it manually. For manual update, you need to first download G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware and later flash it using a tool called Odin. We discuss all possible update process in a simple step-by-step manner in later part of this article. Continue reading this article to learn not only flashing but also precaution that you should take before installing G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F.
How to root G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware
How To Root G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
Warning: This tutorial is only for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Though official firmware restore all existing data but we recommend to back up your data first before proceeding to avoid any uncomfortable situation such as bootloop fix.
1. Backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. You can install an app like Battery Percentage on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You already have USB Driver Installed for Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F. [Guide].
How To Update Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F via OTA
- First of all make sure you have stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network) on your device.
- Now, go to Android app drawer and then select Settings.
- Then locate About Device and tap on it.
- Next select Software update from About device screen.
- Then tap on Update option.
- You should see an update, press OK to download and install. (Remember, download using 3G or network data will incur additional charges to your phone bill!)
- Soon your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
If you see “The latest update have already been installed” massage while checking update then your device yet to receive an OTA update. Check back within few days or jump to next procedure.
How To Update Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F via Kies
- Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
- Now download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
- You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device yet to receive the latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.
[Note: You can install any firmware listed below despite availability in other countries, except those which comes with carrier name.]
[Resumable and Torrent link will only be added when available from trusted source]
* G925FXXU3QOKT Stock Firmware List Last Updated On December 08, 2015.
G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware Downloads
Portugal (vodafone): TCL-G925FXXU3QOKT-20151208101640.zip
[Please Note: After flashing this firmware you will lost any installed custom ROM including CM12.1, AICP, AOKP, Beanstalk, BlissPop, Candy5, Dirty Unicorns, Omni ROM, SlimLP, Pac-Man and Paranoid Android.]
How To Install G925FXXU3QOKT Android 5.1.1 Lollipop On Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F Manually
- Download Odin v3.09.
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded earlier from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files (optional).
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.09.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your Android device. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Home & Volume Down button together while pressing the Power button. A warning screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.09.exe (see Step 3) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly (only applicable Windows Vista and higher).
- Now connect your device to your PC using USB cable. An “Added!!” massage will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Click the AP Button, and select that .tar.md5 file that you get in Step 2.
- In Odin window, make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 8 & Step 9 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! You just updated your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware. Go to Settings > About device to verify this firmware update.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
If Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after Step 11 then follow below instructions:
- Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
That’s it! Let us know about your latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop experience.
Incoming search terms:
- samsung galaxy j200y volte apk,androide lolipop game dream league scocer downlod,download the amazing spider man android 5 1 1,samsung j200g full flash file part2,gta 5 for 5 1 1 zip file,marsnellow -sm-j200g mog zip,sm-j100h android file host cm13,whatsapp downlaload